English (Practice Set-07)
1. A part of the sentence is underlined. Choose the correct alternative which should be put in place underlined part. Both of them are good, but this is the best of the two.
(b) No improvement
(c) much better
2. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and select the appropriate option. If a sentence is free from error ‘No crror. Once upon a time, there was (a)/a water bearer who had two large pats each hung on each end of a pole, (b) who carried across his neck. (c)/ No error (d)
Directions (Q. Nos. 3-4) Identify the correct spelt word.
4. (a) restuarent
5. Out of the four alternative, choose the one which can be substituted for the given word/sentence. One who does the studies without seriousness.
6. Choose the alternative which best express the meaning of the Idiom/Phrase. Bolt from the Blue
(a) A source of quarre
(b) Narrow escape
(c) A sudden calamity
(d) To Take revenge
7. Fill with correct conjunction. I used to go to Sangam …….. in Allahabad.
(a) while I was
(b) when I was
(c) when was I
(d) While was I
8. Find the error and justify your answer and choose “No error’ if you find no error. The number of foreign workers
(a) that are allowed to enter inte (b)/Malaysia his increase. (c)/No error (d)
9. Choose the word opposite meaning of the given word. Cheerful
10. Select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Active Voice. John is building a new cupboard.
(a) John has been building a new cupboard. (b) A new cupboard is being built by John. (c) A new cupboard is been built by John. (d) John’s new cupboard is being built.
11. Choose the correct alternative of underline word/ sentence. I am very much interested in your story.
(a) have been very interested
(b) am much more interested
(c) am very interesting
(d) No improvement
12. A sentence has been given Direct/Indirect. Select which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct.
They told me that they had been befooled by those men.
(a) They said to me “We were befooled by these men.”
(b) they said to me.”They had befooled us.”
(c) They said to me.”We have been befooled by these men.”
(d) They said to me.”We are befooled by these men.”
13. Fill in the blank. He said I ……. use his car when ever I wanted
Directions (Q. Nos. 14-15) Find out which part of the sentence has an error and select the appropriate option. If a sentence is free from error ‘No error.’
14. On Senegal (a)/ it is considered impolite (b)/ if you do not share your food. (c)/No error (d)
15. Had the plane not been delayed (a)/I will reach here (b)/ in time for the function. (c)/ No error (d)
16. Choose the correct synonym for the given word. FURIOUS
Directions (Q. Nos. 17-18) Choose the correct preposition.
17. The ambitious noble man aspired ……… marry the king’s daughter
18. The train is expected to arrive in a few minutes ……… platform six.
Directions (Q. Nos. 19-20) Identify incorrect spelt word.
19. (a) Controversial
20. (a) Involuantary
21. Choose the correct alternative of underling words/sentence. Many forests are facing the danger to be destroyed.
(a) of being
(b) to have been
(c) to being
(d) No improvement
22. Choose the correct articles. Rahul is my ……. friend and lives at ……… stone’s throw.
(a) a, a
(b) no article, a
(c) the, a
(d) no article, no article
23. Find the error and justify your answer and choose “No error’ if you find no error. Airline managements should note (a)/ that the ultimate passenger unfriendliness (b)/ is to have their planes crash due to the adopted of unsafe procedures. (c)/No error (d)
Directions (Q. Nos. 24-25) Fill in the blanks. 24. Nothing is impossible ……… him
25. She ……… college late that day
(a) was reaching
(c) is reached
1.(d) 2.(b) 3.(c) 4.(d) 5.(a) 6.(d) 7.(b) 8.(a) 9.(a) 10.(b) 11.(d) 12.(c) 13.(a) 14.(d) 15.(b) 16.(a) 17.(c) 18.(d) 19.(c) 20.(a) 21.(a) 22.(c) 23.(c) 24.(c) 25.(d)