English (Practice Set-06)
1. A part of the sentence is underlined. Choose the correct alternative which should be put in place underlined part. We’ve got a new big house
(a) big new house
(b) hose new big
(c) No improvement
(d) house big new
2. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and select the appropriate option. It a sentence is free from error ‘No error’. Unless we do not control our appetite,
(a) /we will not be (b)/in control of our passions and emotions. (c)/No error (d)
Direction (Q. Nos. 3-4) Identify the correct spelt word.
3. (a) Prediliction
4. (a) Conckoctor
5. Out of the four alternative, choose the one which can be substituted for the given word/sentence. Make something less severe (a) Aggravation
6. Choose the alternative which best express the meaning of the underlined Idiom/Phrase. The company’s vice president in charge of marketing was barking up the wrong tree when he made his sales pitch to the costomers in Mumbai. (a) acting very wisely
(b) misdirecting his efforts
(c) doing as he was told by his superior
(d) ruining a potential business deal
7. Fill with correct conjunction. …………..I was travelling for Agra I met a Russian who could speak Hindi.
8. Find the error and justify your answer and choose ‘No error’ if you find no error. The children were quarreling between themselves (a)/when all of a sudden it occurred to them that their teacher (b)/ was watching them (c). No error (d)
9. Choose the word opposite meaning to the given word. Confirms
10. Select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Active voice. Someone will pay you next Monday.
(a) You would be paid next Monday.
(b) Someone will by paying you next Monday.
(c) You will paid next Monday
(d) Someone is going to pay you next Monday
11. Choose the correct alternative of underlined word/sentence. Mankind does not know this.
(d) No improvement
12. A sentence has been given Direct/Indirect. Selected the on which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct. He told Pawan that they should have tried harder.
(a) He said to Pawan, “We should have tried harder.”
(b) He said, “Pawan you should have tried harder.”
(c) He said, “Pawan, Don’t you think we should have tried harder.”
(d) He said, “Pawan, we had tried harder.”
13. Fill in the blank. He told me that he ……… the movie.
(a) is finished
(b) was finished
(c) had finished
(d) not finished
Directions (Q.14- 15) find out which part of the sentence has an error and select the appropriate option. It a sentence is free from error “No error “.
14. He walks (a)/ as if the earth (b)/ belonged to him (c)/ No error (d)
15. If she had seen (a)/ the car coming, she (b)/ may not crossed the road. (c) No error (d)
16. Choose the correct synonym for the given word. MANAGE
Directions (Q. Nos. 17-18) Choose the correct preposition.
17. I haven’t had ………. opportunity to study during the day.
18. The maestro’s son has no taste ………. music
Directions (Q. Nos. 19-20) Identify incorrect spelt word.
19. (a) Madamoiselle
20. (a) Exemplary
21. Choose the correct alternative to replace the underlined word/sentence. You can’t avoid notifying the building while travelling
(a) avoid to look
(b) avoid to noticing
(c) avoid noticing
(d) No improvement
22. Choose the correct articles. Hear are two fast friends ……. is …… poet and other is teacher.
(a) a, a, a
(b) one, a, no article
(c) a, the, a
(d) one a, a
23. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and select the appropriate option. If a sentence is free from error ‘No error. The comedian enthralled (a)/ everybody with his quick witty as he had chosen just the right topic. (b)/ to warm upto the crowd. (c)/No error (d).
Directions (Q. Nos. 24-25) Fill in the blanks. 24. My relations …….. him are not friendly. (a) between
25. The sun ……… brightly.
(d) is shine
1. (a) 2. (a) 3. (d) 4. (d) 5. (c) 6. b) 7. (a) 8. (a) 9.(b) 10. (c) 11. (c) 12. (a) 13. (c) 14. (a) 15. (c) 16. (c) 17. (c) 18. (c) 19. (a) 20. (d) 21. (c) 22. (d) 23. (b) 24. (b) 25. (c)