Questions and Answers
1 Directions (Q.Nos 1-2) Find out which part of the sentence has an error and select the appropriate option. If a sentence is free from error ‘No error.
1. Today people is ignorant (a)/ of the things that (b) /are happening around them. (c/ No error (d)
2. We are yet starting offering this facility to (a)/ out customers as we are (b)/ awaiting approval form the Board. (c) /No error (d)
Directions (Q. Nos 3-4) Choose the most appropriato alternative out of the four.
3. If he hadn’t come along at that momont, Rahim ……….. the one arrested instead of the real thief.
(a) might been
(b) may have been
(c) can have been
(d) could have been
4. If it………. he will not come.
(a) would rain
(b) had rained
(c) will rain
Directions (Q.Nos 5-6) A part of the sentence is underlined. Choose the correct alternative which should be put in place underlined part.
5. Today management student itself are opted to work for NGOs even though the salaries offered to them are low.
(a) students themselves are
(b) students have
(c) student himself has
(d) student itself is
6. Ramu, Shyamu and Abdul came forward one after the others.
(a) one after others
(b) one after the other
(c) after one other
(d) No improvement
Directions (Q. Nos 7-8) A sentence has been given Direct/lndirect. Selected the on which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct.
7. I said to you, “He should not be trusted.”
(a) I said to you do not trust him.
(b) I told you that he cannot be trusted.
(c) I told you he shall not be trusted.
(d) I told you that he should not be trusted.
8. He said, “They will be using my car for the trip.”
(a) He said that they would be using my car for the trip.
(b) He said that they would be using his car for the trip
(c) He said that we will be using his car for the trip.
(d) He said that they will be using my car for the trip
Directions (Q. Nos 9-10) Identify the correct spelt word.
9. (a) Corigendum (b) Coridgendum (c) Corrigendum (d) Corridgendum
10. (a) Efforscence (b) Efforescence (c) Efforsence (d) Efflorescence
Directions (Q. Nos 11-20) Out of the four alternative, choose the one which can be substitued for the given words/sentence.
11. Strange in appearance
(a) Bizarre (b) Rustic (c) Geriatric
12. A place where coins are made
13. Choose the word opposite meaning to the given word.
(c) Up to date
(d) Out of date
Directions (Q. Nos. 14-15) Fill in the blanks. 14. He is known ……… others.
(a) No improvement
15. Please send the letters …… the address given below.
(b) No improvement
16. Choose the plural of the given word. Security
17. Choose the correct antonym for the given word. Confirm
18. Choose the correct synonym for the given word.
19. Choose the correct preposition.
The two boys looked so alike that it was impossible to………….between them
20. Line at which the Earth or sea and sky seem to meet is
Directions (Q. Nos. 21-22) Identify incorrect spelt word.
21. (a) Pretentious
Directions (Q. Nos 23-24) Find the error and justify your answer. Tick No crror if you find no error.
23. Each of student (a)/ has been involve (b)/ in the republic day activity. (c)/ No error (d)
24. The gold is (a) very costly metal (b) in India. (C)/ No error (d)
25. A sentence a part of the sentence is underlined. Four alternatives are given to the underlined part which will improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative. In
case no improvement is needed, tick the “No improvement” option.
My uncle and mentor are helping me.
(a) mentor is
(b) mentors have
(c) mentors were
(d) No improvement
1(a) 2 (a) 3 (d) 4 (d) 5(a) 6 (c) 7 (d) 8 (b) 9 (c) 10 (b) 11 (a) 12 (a) 13 (b) 14 (d) 15 (c) 16 (a) 17 (c) 18 (c) 19 (c) 20 (c) 21 (b) 22(d) 23 (a) 24 (a) 25 (a)