In this article, we will discuss Green Hydrogen (Initiatives taken for adopting Green Hydrogen). So, let’s get started.
Initiatives Taken for Adopting Green Hydrogen
- The Indian Railways have recently announced the country’s first experiment of a hydrogen-fuel cell technology-based train by retrofitting an existing diesel engine.
- The Union Budget (2021-22) has announced a National Hydrogen Energy Mission (NHM) for using hydrogen as an energy source.
- Saudi Arabia is also prioritising plans to manufacture renewable energy by utilising ‘idle-land-banks’ for solar and wind energy generation.
- It is working to establish a mega $5 billion green hydrogen manufacturing unit covering a land-size as large as that of Belgium, in the northern-western part of the country.
- In the Asia-Pacific sub-continent, Japan and South Korea are on the front foot in terms of hydrogen policy making.
- Japan’s Basic Hydrogen Strategy sets out the country’s action plan till 2030, including the establishment of an international supply chain.