In this article, we will discuss Fundamental Duties. So, let’s get started.
List of fundamental duties
(1) To abide by the constitution and respect its ideals and institution the national flag and the national anthem
(2) To Cherish and follow the noble ideas that inspired the national struggle for freedom
(3) To uphold and protect the Sovereignty, unity and integrity of India/nation
(4) To defend the country and render national service when called upon to do so
(5) To promote Harmony and the spirit of common Brotherhood almonds all the people of nation transcending religious, linguistic and regional or sectional diversities and to renounce practices derogatory to the dignity of women
(6) To value and preserve the rich heritage of the country’s composite culture
(7) To protect and improve the natural environment including forest, lakes, rivers and wildlife and to have compassion for living creatures
(8) To develop scientific temper, humanism and the spirit of enquiry and reform
(9) To safeguard public property and to abjure violence
(10) To strive towards excellence in all spheres of individual and collective activity so that the nation constantly rises to higher levels of endeavor and achievements
(11) To provide opportunities for education to his/her child or ward between the age of 6 and 14 years.
The fundamental duties are defined as the moral obligations of all citizens to help promote a spirit of patriotism and to uphold the unity of nation citizens are morally obligated by the constitution to perform these duties.