In this article, we will discuss Factors affecting Blue Economy. So, let’s get started.
Factors affecting Blue Economy
- Threat of Sea Borne Terror: Piracy and armed robbery, maritime terrorism, illicit trade in crude oil, arms, drug and human trafficking and smuggling of contraband etc.
- Natural Disasters: Every year tsunamis, cyclones, hurricanes typhoons etc leave thousands of people stranded and property worth millions destroyed.
- Man-Made Problems: Oil spills, climate change continue to risk the stability of the maritime domain.
- Impact of Climate Change: Changes in sea temperature, acidity, threaten marine life, habitats, and the communities that depend on them.
- Marine Pollution: In form of excess nutrients from untreated sewerage, agricultural runoff, and marine debris such as plastics
- Overexploitation of Marine Resources: Illegal, unreported, and unregulated extraction of marine resources.