In this article, we will discuss Deep Ocean Mission. So, let’s get started.
Deep Ocean Mission
- The cost of the Mission has been estimated at Rs. 4,077 crore over a five-year period and will be implemented in phases. MoES will be the nodal ministry implementing this multi-institutional ambitious mission.
- It will be a mission mode project to support the Blue Economy Initiatives of the Government of India.
- Blue Economy is the sustainable use of ocean resources for economic growth, improved livelihoods and jobs, and ocean ecosystem health.
- The technology and expertise needed in such missions is now available with only five countries – US, Russia, France, Japan and China.
- India will now be the sixth country to have it.