In this article, we will discuss Off Grid and On Grid Solar Energy. So, let’s get started.
Off Grid and On Grid Solar Energy
- On-grid means the solar system that is tied to the local utility’s grid or utility company.
- Utility system acts as the battery space for Solar Energy Users. It means that the surplus energy that is produced by the solar panels is sent to the grid’s power company, and in exchange a credit is generated that one can cash out at the end of the year.
- Being grid-tied is beneficial because there is no requirement of an expensive battery back-up system to store any excess energy.
- Off-grid means there is no connection to the grid’s power system or utility company.
- This is appealing because of 100% self-sustaining energy use.
- However, there are disadvantages because off-grid systems require a back-up battery which can be expensive, bulky, and not very environmentally friendly which defeats the purpose of going solar (save money and live greener).