In this article, we will discuss Pre-Matric Scholarship Scheme. So, let’s get started.
Pre-Matric Scholarship Scheme
About the Scheme
- It is a centrally funded scholarship scheme for students in all states, which opens every year and has to be applied between August and November.
- Aim: To help students of minority communities viz. Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Parsis, Jains and Buddhists from families with annual income below Rs. 1 lakh.
- Eligibility: Students need to score at least 50% in their class exams.
- Structure of the Scholarship: It is given in two tiers every year to:
- Students in class 1 to 5: Rs. 1,000 per year.
- Students of class 6 to 10: Rs. 10,700 if a hosteller or Rs 5,700 if a day scholar.