In this article, we will discuss Advantages of E-Governance in India. So, let’s get started.
Advantages of E-Governance in India
- Data Driven Governance: Technology facilitates communication. The Internet and smartphones have enabled instant transmission of high volumes of data that acts as a fodder for effective governance.
- Costs Saving: A lot of Government expenditure goes towards the cost of buying stationery for official purposes.
- Letters and written records consume a lot of stationery. However, replacing them with smartphones and the internet can save crores of money in expenses every year.
- Transparency: The use of e-governance helps make all functions of the business transparent. All official information can be uploaded onto the internet.
- The citizens specifically access whichever information they want, whenever they want it, at their convenience.
- Accountability: Transparency directly links to accountability. Once the functions and information of the governance is available to the citizens, the government is more accountable to its actions.
- Land Record Monitoring: A vast developing country like India, with its diverse land tenure system requires effective land monitoring.
- In order to ensure that transactions related to properties are not fraudulent, along with physical transactions, online record maintenance is a key feature of e-governance in India.