In this article, we will discuss English (Practice Set-15). So, let’s get started.
English (Practice Set-15)
1. Choose the proper sequence.
(a) The teacher asked the student with a frown on his face to leave the room.
(b) The teacher asked with a frown on his face the student to leave the room.
(c) With a frown on his face the teacher asked the student to Ieave the room.
(d) The teacher asked the student to leave the room with a frown on his face.
2. Choose the alternative which best express the meaning of the Idiom/Phrase.
(b) Seek help
(c) Pay a visit
3. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and select the appropriate option. It a sentence is free from error choose “No crror.’
In the present guidelines, the bank is required to obtain (a) a photograph from any person (b)/who wishes to open an account. (c) No error (d)
4. Choose the correct conjunction.
He behaves —-… though he is not talented ………
(a) like him, like he
(b) like him, as him
(c) like him, as he
(d) like him, so as him
5. Seventy years………. since quit India movement took place.
(a) has passed
(b) had passed
(c) have been passed (d) have passed
Directions (Q. Nos. 6-7) A part of the sentence is underlined. Choose the correct alternative which should be put in place of underlined part.
6. He is one of those who likes to help others
(a) those persons who like to help others
(b) those who like to help the other
(c) those who like to help others
(d) No improvement
7. I and my parents live together.
(a) Me and my parents
(b) My parents and I
(c) My parents and me
(d) No improvement
Directions (Q. Nos. 8-9) Identify the correct spelt word.
8. (a) Precience
9. (a) Remarkable
(d) All correct
10. A sentence has been given Direct/Indirect. Selected the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct
Ritu said to you, “You are looking very pretty.”
(a) Ritu told you that you were looking very pretty
(b) Ritu told you that I was looking very pretty.
(c) Ritu told you that she was looking very pretty.
(d) Ritu told you that you are looking very pretty.
11. Each of the following items in this section consists of a sentence, the parts of where have been jumbled. These parts have been labelled P, Q, R and S. Given below each
sentence there are four sequences namely (a), (b), (c) and (d). You are required to re-arrange the jumbled parts of the sentence and select the proper sequence.
It is a wonder that migratory birds
without ever getting lost
always manage to find their
flying thousands of kilometers
The proper sequence should be
12. Choose an option for underlined part to improve the sentence.
The practice of starving the children in order to cure diarrhoca also aggravates the situation.
(a) starve children
(b) starving children
(c) starving child
(d) No improvement
Directions (Q. Nos. 13-14) Choose the correct preposition
13. Let me acquaint him ……… the topic
14. Everyone in this universe is accountable to God …….. his action.
Directions (Q. Nos. 15-16) Out of the four alternatives, choose the one which can be substituted for the given words/sentence.
15. Sudden involuntary muscular contraction
16. A person who thinks he is ill all the time
17. Fill in the blank.
I…… the job if you had paid me enough.
(a) would have done
(b) had done
(c) will do
(d) would do
18. Choose the correct antonym for the given word.
19. Choose the correct synonym for the given word.
Directions (Q. Nos. 20-21) Find out which part of the sentence has an error and select the appropriate option. If a sentence is free from error, choose ‘No error.
20. There were extensive (a)/ lawn in tront (b)/ of the bungalow. (c)/ No error (d)
21. A recent survey indicates (a)/ that the number of drug addicts (b)/ grew day by day. (c) No error (d)
22. Select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Active Voice.
The nurse is giving food to the sick boy.
(a) The sick boy is giving food by the nurse.
(b) The sick boy gets food from the nurse.
(c) the sick boy is being given food by the nurse.
(d) Food is given to the sick boy by the nurse.
23. Choose the correct antonym for the given word.
(a) Very fond of
(b) Coneerned with
(c) Obsessed with
(d) Imbued with
24. Choose the correct synonym for the given word.
25. Fill in the blank.
Ten dollars.. ….too much to pay.
1.(c) 2.(a) 3.(b) 4.(c) 5.(d) 6.(c) 7.(b) 8.(d) 9.(d) 10.(a) 11.(d) 12.(b) 13.(b) 14.(a) 15.(b) 16.(a) 17.(a) 18.(a) 19.(a) 20.(a) 21.(c) 22.(c) 23.(a) 24.(b) 25.(a)