In this article, we will discuss Saubhagya Scheme. So, let’s get started.
It was launched in 2017 to ensure electrification of all households in the country in rural as well as urban areas.
- Achieving Universal Household Electrification in the country, through last mile connectivity.
- Providing access to electricity to all un-electrified households in rural areas and poor households in urban areas.
- They are identified using Socio Economic and Caste Census (SECC) 2011 data.
- However, un-electrified households not covered under the SECC data would also be provided electricity connections under the scheme by paying Rs 500.
- Environmental upgradation by substitution of Kerosene for lighting purposes.
- Improvement in education services.
- Better health services.
- Enhanced connectivity through radio, television, mobiles, etc.
- Increased economic activities and jobs.
- Improved quality of life especially for women.