GloLitter Partnerships Project
- It is launched by the International Maritime Organization (IMO) and the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) and . initial funding from the Government of Norway.
- Aim: To prevent and reduce marine plastic litter from shipping and fisheries.
- It will also assist developing countries in reducing marine litter, including plastic litter, from within the maritime transport and fisheries sectors, and to decrease the use of plastics in these industries.
- Also assist in identifying opportunities to reuse and recycle plastics.
- 30 countries including India have joined this global initiative to tackle marine litter.
- World Environment Day, 2018 hosted in India, the world leaders vowed to “Beat Plastic Pollution” & eliminate its use completely.