In this article, we will discuss WWF. So, let’s get started.
World Wide Fund for Nature
- The World Wide Fund for Nature is an international non-governmental organization founded in 1961, working in the field of wilderness preservation, and the reduction of humanity’s footprint on the environment.
- It was formerly named the World Wildlife Fund, which remains its official name in Canada and the United States.
- Headquarters: Gland, Switzerland.
- The group’s mission is “to stop the degradation of the planet’s natural environment and to build a future in which humans live in harmony with nature”.
- The Living Planet Report published every two years by WWF is based on a Living Planet Index and ecological footprint calculation.