In this article, we will discuss IPCC. So, let’s get started.
The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC)
- It was created in 1988 by the World Meteorological Organization (WMO) and the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP).
- Currently has 195 members.
- Headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland.
- It has the objective to provide governments at all levels with scientific information that they can use to develop climate policies.
- It provides regular assessments of the scientific basis of climate change, its impact and future risks, and options for adaptation and mitigation.
- It gives the report on Renewable Energy Sources and Climate Change Mitigation among other various reports.