In this article, we will discuss India-Japan Economic Relations. So, let’s get started.
India-Japan Economic Relations
- India and Japan have had a long and fruitful history of bilateral development cooperation since 1958.
- In the last few years, the economic cooperation between India and Japan has strengthened and grown into strategic partnership.
- Japan was the 4th largest investor for India in FY2019.
- India has been the largest recipient of Japanese ODA Loan for the past decades. Delhi Metro is one of the most successful examples of Japanese cooperation through the utilization of ODA.
- Further, Japan continues to cooperate in supporting strategic connectivity linking South Asia to Southeast Asia through the synergy between ”Act East” policy and ”Partnership for Quality Infrastructure.”