In this article, we will discuss Actions Taken by Government to Increase Farmer Income. So, let’s get started.
Actions Taken by Government to Increase Farmer Income
- Subsidizing Input Costs: Providing water,power and fertilizer subsidies to decrease production costs.
- Green Revolution: Increasing yields through better farming practices and timely availability of quality inputs, especially high yielding seeds, chemical fertilisers and water.
- Stabilizing Output Prices: Through minimum support prices (MSP) and public procurement.
- Augmenting Non-Crop related Agriculture Income: KUSUM scheme.
- Providing Direct Income Transfers to Farmers: Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN).