In this article, we will discuss Significance of Population Growth in India. So, let’s get started.
Significance of Population Growth
- A larger population is perceived to mean greater human capital, higher economic growth and improved standards of living.
- Better economic growth is brought about by increased economic activities due to higher working age population and lower dependent population.
- In the last seven decades, the share of the working age population has grown from 50% to 65%, resulting in a remarkable decline in the dependency ratio (number of children and elderly persons per working age population).
- As per the WPP 2022, India will have one of the largest workforces globally.
- In the next 25 years, one in five working-age group persons will be living in India.