In this article, we will discuss Girl Education (Importance in Social Development). So, let’s get started.
Importance of Education in Social Development of the Women
- Higher Social Return: The global average for the private rate of return (the increase in an individual’s earnings) with just one extra year of schooling is about 9%, while the social returns of an extra year of school are even higher — above 10% at the secondary and higher education levels as per a decennial World Bank review.
- Positive Impact of Higher Education: Interestingly, the private returns for women in higher education are much higher than for men — 11 to 17% as per different estimates.
- This has clear policy implications. For their own empowerment, as well as for society at large, we must bring more and more women within the ambit of higher education.
- Women Can Play Leadership Roles: Healthy, educated girls with equal access to opportunities can grow into strong, smart women who can take on leadership roles in their countries. This will help in having a better view of women’s perspective in the government policies.
- Poverty Alleviation: Women constitute almost half of the country’s population, therefore improving their condition in the country can immensely contribute to poverty alleviation.
- Women’s empowerment plays a catalytic role towards the achievement of transformational economic, political and social changes required for sustainable development.